Legal Aid Lawyers in Oshawa Ontario - The developing world of energy and energy markets is the specialty of our firm's energy law group. There are countless new challenges and opportunities. Our company has a team of lawyers with the experience and knowledge to help clients in taking advantage of this new world. Our energy law group offers a comprehensive array of legal services to national and international energy clients. We serve everyone from start-up companies to major corporations. Whether your company offers solar energy technology or more conventional forms of energy generation, both have difficult transactional requirements. We offer sound and sensible representation and advice drawing on a depth of understanding of the economic, political and legal problems involved in energy matters.
1. We help with new developments related to renewable/alternative energy technologies (e.g., fuel cells, solar, wind, biomass, geothermal, hydropower and biofuels). In the case of the solar energy trade, we act for users, developers and manufacturers in preparation of development agreements, land and roof leases, tax matters, regulatory and legislative concerns, commercial arrangements, financial agreements with investors as well as regulatory and legislative concerns;
2. We have experience in projects dealing with energy efficiency demand management and cogeneration consisting of industrial, institutional and commercial contexts, consisting of engineering, construction and financing problems;
3. We provide advice to public and private entities in respect of new statutory requirements to complete energy plans, and their land use plan integration;
4. We assist to negotiate and structure joint venture arrangements for energy projects, and can assist in acquisitions, project financing and transfer and licensing arrangements;
5. In the initial stages of commercialization and financing of clean technologies, we could offer numerous services to assist;
6. We assist with approval and compliance with new environmental and energy law requirements (consisting of carbon management and disclosure);
7. We assist to create, protect and commercialize intellectual property rights;
8. We can assist in venture capital opportunities, private equity, initial public offering opportunities;
9. We represent clients at hearings before regulatory commissions and agencies about problems like for instance "leave to construct" applications for both electricity and gas infrastructure, licensing, setting of rates, creation of independent transmission companies, permitting, approvals and compliance issues
10. We could assist the boards of directors and other senior management regarding some issues consisting of corporate disclosure and governance, climate change, environmental stewardship and liability concerns, changing regulatory issues, and, where appropriate, assisting in representations to governments.
Click to Download the pdf